Trainings and Events
Association of Missouri Mediators Events
AMM Quartley Tele-Seminars: AMM members may participate in free quarterly noon-our online seminars on a variety of mediation topics. One hour of MOBar CLE credit applies. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Our next tele/webinar is Friday, July 13th from 12-1 p.m. Dawn Kuhlman will be discussing strategies for trauma-informed mediation. AMM members will receive instructions for joining to this free seminar via email. If not, please email email@example.com.
AMM 2018 Annual Conference: REGISTER NOW for our fall conference on Friday, October 26, 2018! Keynote speaker is Dr. Zach Schaefer speaking about eclectic connections and marketing your mediation practice. Attend at the live site in St. Louis, at satellite locations in Springfield, Columbia, and Kansas City, or via the live-stream from your home or office.
Events of Note
Events in Blue are sponsored by AMM
- October 15-20, 2019 National Mediation Week. AMM is co-sponsoring events free for members and the public. Mon Oct 15 - Red-Blue Workshop: Talking Across the Political Divide 2-5 pm at Hulton Hall, MU School of Law. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat. CLICK HERE for the flier on this Mediation Week Event.
- Wed Oct 17 Webinar with Prof. Richard Reuben on Public Policy, Consensus Building and Democracy. To participate by phone call 1-877-240-3212 and enter access code 328-289-125.
- Fri. Oct 19 - Civility Begins at Home. A panel of mediators discusses positive and effective communication skills. To participate by phone call 1-571-317-3122 and entered access code 649-948-845.
- October 26-26, 2018 ABA Advanced Mediation and Advocacy Skills Institute, Chicago, IL
- October 26, 2018 - AMM Annual Conference - multiple locations (details to follow). Keynote Presenter: Dr. Zach Schaefer on "Eclectic Networks: The Power of Unconventional Connections." Dr. Schaefer will also conduct a deep-dive workshop on how to market a mediation business.
- November 15-17, 2018, Principles of Core Mediation - Johnson County Community College, Overland Prk, KS. Go to jccc.edu/ce or call 913-469-2323 to register.
- April 10-13, 2019 - ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Conference: Shining the Light on Parties: Enhancing the Experience of ADR Users. Hyatt Regency Hotel, Minneapolis, MN.
- May 2-3, 2019 - Heartland Regional Conference of Mediators - Council Bluffs, Iowa. Conference hosted by Iowa Mediators Assn and co-sponsored by AMM, Heartland Mediators Assn, and Nebraska Mediators Assn.